Friday 28 January 2011

Breakfast

One of the highlights of my day has become spending some breakfast time with Brian while the other parrots are still sleeping in their cages. Or if not sleeping, at least quiet. Or if not quiet, at least pleasant noises (I hear a lot of "Hello Basil!" "Up!" and "Wanna come out?" -- but it's quiet and soothing.)

Here he is, going for his near-daily bite of Thomas's wheat toast:Since Thomas was in a hurry this morning, he ate his toast quickly and left a few crumbs for Brian:
However, as soon as Thomas was no longer near the toast, Brian lost interest. Instead, he came over by me to impede my completion of the sudoku puzzle:
He always stands right where I need to make a mark, and then tries to eat my pen!

Later, when Brian was safely caged and Thomas was commuting to work, I was putting tonight's dinner in the slow cooker. Since the large parrots were out, this was not as easy at it should have been. The greys came over to throw my soaked beans around. As expected, Max started this and Stella followed her lead:
I got some breathing room by giving everyone carrots. Max:
Calypso:
Not that I needed breathing room from Calypso, who is so low-maintenance. He's just happy being in the same room with me, even if I'm not paying direct attention to him. The greys should take lessons!

Stella doesn't like raw carrots, so she flew to the island and watched the backyard:
In a surprising, but pleasant, turn of events, Rocky did not scream at all this morning. Not even once. I had to pull out a new pair of running shoes this morning, so as soon as the parrots woke up, I gave him a shoe box. He was busy opening up a hole on the side and then hanging out in his box. Unfortunately, this only lasts a day and I don't go through shoes that quickly!

0 comments :