Thursday 23 December 2010

Temptation

I have said many times how there is a new parrot ban on in our house -- I have to know my limits. I have also said that when we do take new parrots into our home, they will be medium-sized, so that there's not as much danger of someone removing a beak/toe/etc.

I was up at the rescue where I volunteer today, and there is a little budgie testing that resolve. I call him Brian. He is 10 years old and has a pretty large tumor, so he's looking for a hospice home.He was not let out of his ridiculously small, round cage (round cages are horrible for parrots!) for his entire life, yet he is relatively tame (he doesn't step up, but doesn't bite and will stay on my finger.) He also is quite the talker including the phrase "Get me beer!" As Thomas is a homebrewer, this budgie will be very hard to resist.

He spent much of the afternoon in my pocket. Here is his tail sticking out:
He just needs a place to live out his remaining months. I am torn. I know we shouldn't adopt him, but I really miss having a budgie around and he is perfect. Temptation!!!

0 comments :